How to install Kodi, the iPhone version of XBMC.
Kodi is an open source media player formerly and widely known as XBMC. This platform lets its users view movies, sports, television channels, and other media files directly from their player. It’s convenient because the content it provides is that of high demand, such as unreleased movies, hard to find shows, or live sports events that otherwise normally have a fee attached to viewing them; while Kodi provides them for free.
In order to install this on your iOS device, it must first be jailbroken. You can view our step-by-step tutorial here on how to do that and then you can proceed with the following directions. Click here for our jailbreak tutorial.
Once jailbroken, follow these steps:
- Launch Cydia from your device.
- Click on sources on the bottom of the screen.
- Click on Edit, and then on Add.
- Enter http://mirrors.kodi.tv/apt/ios and then click on Add Source. (You may get another popup dialog, if so, click on “Add Anyway”.)
- Once the source has been added, click on Return to Cydia and now click on search on the bottom bar.
- Search for Kodi-iOS. It should pop up on the list, click on it and install it.
- That’s it. Launch Kodi from your home screen and enjoy